Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Summary C4T #2

I was assigned to Kim Cofino, and her blog is called “Always Learning.” In Kim’s first post I commented on, Titled “Finding Inspiration” she explains how a guess speaker named Jane Goodall came to their school to tells stories about her life. Jane is a woman inspired by animals and has traveled the world to study them. In Kim’s post she states “Not only is she a natural storyteller, keeping the students captivated at the very end of the day in our stiflingly hot gym, but in every theme she discussed, there was a wonderfully simple and inspiring message.” Kim also mentions in the post that she likes to tell her student to choose a career field they love, because that will lead them to success. In my comment to Ms. Cofino I put “ I really enjoyed this post and I loved the fact that you inspire your students to study what they enjoy. When I first started college I picked a degree based on salary, not what I loved. Finally my parents got it through my head that money is not important, doing what you love is what is going to make you happy in life and now I’m pursuing my degree in education. I also like the fact that you want your students to take a risk in order to gain more learning opportunities.”

In her second post I commented on titled “Beginning with Blogging” she explains how she gets to start teaching her sixth grade class technology. Throughout her post she explains that she is excited to start this process of learning with them, but also doesn’t want to start out too fast, she states “It’s also important that I make the class approachable for the parents, teachers and students – starting too far out of the realm of understanding could bring some unwanted backlash early in the year.” She also goes through the stages she will have to experience with the students for their blogging to be a success. In my comment to Ms. Cofino I said, “I am excited for you to start teaching your kids how to use technology in the classroom! In my EDM310 class we are learning and preparing ourselves to do the same thing as future teachers. I like how you stated you want to start out slow so there is no early backlash. Starting out in EDM310 was quit over whelming, but now that I have the hang out if it’s very beneficial. I hope the best for you and your students!”

No comments:

Post a Comment