Sunday, November 7, 2010

C4T Summary #3

In Kathy Cassidy’s first blog post that I commented on she explains the benefits of letting children make videos in the classroom!

“Hi Kathy,
I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. In his class we are
learning lots of great ways to enhance the use of technology in the classroom. I think making videos is an excellent way to get the students not only interested in learning, but also excited about it. I enjoyed watching the video your students have made and thanks for sharing!”

In this blog post by Kathy Cassidy, she shares her story about going to Denver Colorado and showing this presentation!

“Hi Kathy,
I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. It’s really inspiring to know that you are spreading the benefits of technology being used in the classroom and how children are reacting to it. It’s quite amazing to see these children are using the same tools to learn as we are in my EDM310 class, such as twitter, skype, and having a their own blog. It’s shocking that I am just now learning how to put these things to great use and in your presentation elementary children are using them daily in the classroom. I loved seeing in your video that the children are actually using laptops and recording themselves with a flip camera to make their own videos for learning. Hopefully soon enough all teachers will using some sort of technology to enhance learning in their classrooms! Thank you so much for sharing!”

No comments:

Post a Comment