Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blog Assignment 12

For my blog assignment watch the video by Kim Smith called “The Twitter Experiment.” After watching this video write a paragraph on your opinion on twitter and if you think it can be a useful educational tool in the classroom.



At first I was not a big fan of twitter and to be honest I still don’t know how to fully use it, but I am willing to try to learn how and make it more resourceful for educational purposes. I don’t think twitter is a bad idea for the classroom, and Kim Smith makes a good point in showing that it helps students express things they want to say but don’t get the chance to in a class full of ninety people. Twitter is also convenient for students who don’t always have access to a computer because they can tweet using their phone. After watching the video and playing around on twitter a little myself I do think it can be helpful in the classroom, especially if the students are interested in tweeting and can help their fellow classmates learn through them.

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea how to use twitter either! I really liked this video! Using Twitter in the classroom will allow students to discuss things. One of the comments someone made in the video was that you can go back and study from it. Also using Twitter, students who are shy and do not want to talk in front of a lot of people can comment on stuff without actually having to talk in class! Great idea girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney,

    What do you think about Twitter and how can it be useful in education? HINT: Dr. Strange loves Twitter and credits it for helping him get this class going. : )

    ReplyDelete